“Sometimes I take cold showers – like I choose destinations that are not 100% in my comfort zone. I focus on people’s living and working conditions, as well as environmental issues. Over and above I have a strong affinity towards obscure places and cultures, what makes my perspective unique.”
Reto Vollenweider is a documentary photographer based in Aarau, Switzerland. He was born in 1983 and grew up in Zurich, Paris and Aarau. Before he studied computer science in 2009 he was skilled in graphic design, layouting, animation and image processing. In parallel he deepened in digital and painted abstract art. Thus photography was just aftermath.
- Photojournalism & Reportages
- Travel photography
- Limited Art Prints & Framing
- Photo19 (Kumortuli Obscura | Kolkata, 09.01 – 14.01.2019)
- Fotofestival Lenzburg (Chernobyl 30 | Ukraine, 27.04 – 20.05.2018)
- Photo18 (Land of the Sun | North Korea, 09.01 – 16.01.2018)